What's the apn settings?
The term APN (Access Point Names) refers to one specific setting but also the collection of network gateway settings your mobile broadband device uses to reach the Internet.
Many SIM cards store the APN data that gets configured on your mobile broadband device automatically when the card is installed so Your device should be ready to go online as soon as you turn it on for the first time. However, if you can’t go online, it’s usually because the Access Point Name (APN) settings on your device (which dictate what your device will try to connect to) are different from those on your SIM (which dictate what your device and SIM are allowed to connect to). In that case you will need to configure APN settings manually
How to configure APN Settings on EE osprey and Alcatel modems that have a web management interface ?
- connect your pc / laptop to your EE osprey by WiFi network (or connect your modem to usb port if its usb dongle)
- now open a web browser and in address bar type 192.168.1.1
- modem management page will load
- Click on Settings/log in here (default user name and password is set to admin admin)
- On the Connection tab, click Profile management.
- Click New, then add a Profile name, Dial number (*99#), APN, Username, Password and click Save.
The newly created profile will set automatically. To switch back to any existing profiles, click on the Profile management dropdown box to choose from available profiles.
please note that dial number: *99# (its the same for all networks)